Friday, January 18, 2013

Should i still let him put a payment?

So my boyfriend bought me a ring 5 month ago for 450 dollars..promise ring
two month ago we went together to a jewelry store and he picked a ring for 4 grand, but we got it on sale for 1200, i didn't have the money, we put it on lay away
i've been putting payments,
i have 900 dollars left on it,
he recently started working at a good job,
I have helped him so much with money issues before, ALOT
so he offered to put money back in my account
so i said no, instead why don't you help me put money on the ring for now
and i will pay you everything back cause i don't want you paying for the ring cause i didn't pay for mine,
so he said okay cool
after that i started planning that if he put money on the ring, in less than two weeks i get my financial aid money, i can finish the payment off and make it a huge surprise for him, dinner and stuff…
he got his 700 dollar check just yesterday, and he went and bought an Iphone and completely broke the promise he made to help me put that money on HIS ring as a loan to me so i can get it for him early cause he ALWAYS complained about not having it soon enough and that he wants it already
He chose an I phone over the ring that ties us together… he wanted to show off in front of his friends
So i got upset and we fought, then i forgave and just moved on, but i made him feel bad cause it really hurt me
TODAY, he took the iphone back, and got the money, but he lost like 100 bucks on it, and another 100 to get his old phone back working…
and another 100 on groceries for his house (we don't live together)
so he's left with 400$
and he wants to put money on the ring now, but that's not the concept, he already caused all the disappointment and pain and it can't be fixed ya know.
when we fought he said "i never asked you to put any money on your ring"
so my come back was i never asked you, YOU offered to pay me back and i suggested the ring instead, and i explained to you i will give you that back, it was only to consume the time, i wasn't consuming the money we agreed on it so don't switch it backwards.

After he took the phone back he called me and told me he did, so i told him i don't want you to put money on the ring anymore, your words really hurt me and i don't need your money i never did and i never will so you can keep it just don't complain when he ring takes extra long
He's so selfish and he only thinks of him self, he even said "I didn't take it back to please you, i took it back cause i was gonna be broke for the next two weeks cause of this phone"
That also hurt me ALOT

he's still willing to put money on it but should i let him?
What should i do?
>>> Should i still let him put a payment?