Saturday, January 19, 2013

What should I add to this story to make it better?

I want some constructive criticism on this start to my story. And what should happen next? My mind is going completely blank. I have a beginning and no plot. Any ideas? I want it to be good, and humorous in some parts.

The room isn't fabulously large, but thousands of dollars were put into furnishing it. From the elegant polished glass desk to the iMac sitting on it, Charles MacLean's small but classy office was a stylishly designed wonderland and every lawyer's dream.
Charles sat leaning in his luxurious leather swivel chair, feet on his glass desk and black iPhone in hand.
Suddenly, the all-to-familiar chime of a text message interrupted his game of Fruit Ninja.
Meet me @ starbucks. NOW. Lattes on me, important important important stuff 2 discuss. Logan is with me. I think u have met him before. Nice guy, I think he's about your age too. He has a case for u.
The 'emergency' text was from Julia Rhodes, someone who always came in with a case, prior to her having so many dramatic and perilous friends. And family.
Charles was almost positive he never met a "Logan" in his life, except for the extremely aggravating Logan from his high school who gave Charles the nickname of "Peachy". He was never sure why.
Nonetheless, Charles couldn't keep track of all of Julia's annoying clients, so he wouldn't be surprised if he found out he had won a trial for a Jersey boy named Buckaroo Bob.
Charles hoisted himself up out of his chair and tucked his iPhone into the pocket of his crisply pressed black slacks.
Tightening his blue-and-grey tie, he strode out of his office and into the elevator.
Charles swooped 18 floors down to the lobby and checked his phone.No new messages. He paced out of the building and into the busy New York streets, sweeping along with the crowd until he got to Starbucks.
Julia was sitting at a nearby table with a man who looked strangely familiar. His side-swept dark blonde hair and grayish blue eyes seemed so oddly recognizable.
Julia waved frantically at Charles as he walked over to their table.
"Finally! I'm so glad you made it, Charles." Julia sighed with relief, brushing a strand of wavy dark hair away from her eyes.
"Was I really that late?" Charles asked, pulling out a chair on the other side of the table.
The man, Logan, stood up. "Peachy? Is that you?" He grinned in an almost sinful way. Charles' mouth gaped.
"Oh God, no," He mumbled, rubbing his temples.

Any suggestions will help. Thanks!
Added (1). And yeah… I don't really want a sex scene in this. But maybe some romance.
Added (2). Also, i do admit i'm a little dumb for starting a story without a plot. I just like to go on Microsoft word and write silly little things and sometimes they sound kinda good and I want to turn them into something.Is it boring? How can i spice it up a little?
>>> What should I add to this story to make it better?