Monday, February 11, 2013

IPhone 2G not booting. Need solution!

So, I woke up this morning and my phone was off. I usually forget to put my phone back on charge half way through the night, so I assumed the battery was flat. However, I switched on my phone and was confused to find myself waiting a few minutes for it to leave the boot screen (Apple Logo.)

I've tried various methods stated on here, other forums and by friends who are Apple enthusiasts. Some of which are hold emergency shutdown combination for 10 seconds when the device is off. Connect to power source and connect to computer. I am quite annoyed that these methods (which have worked for me previously on other devices) have not prevailed.

Does anyone have a solution that doesn't require formatting my device/putting it into DFU mode?

My device is an 8gb iPhone 2G running iOS 3.1.3.
This device has been jailbroken once and I've had no previous problems like this where the jailbreak could potentially be a factor.

Again, I want to try my best to not format the device as I've not made a backup in quite some time.

Thanks!
Added (1). I tried TJ's solution, but it still is having the same problem!
>>> IPhone 2G not booting. Need solution!