Saturday, May 31, 2014

New computer, internet connection issues?

I've just put together a new computer and it was working perfectly for the first couple of days.

I was using a wireless connection via a USB dongle and after the first couple of days it started cutting out more and more regularly whilst 2 iPhones and 2 iPads were unaffected, I replaced the dongle with a new n900 wireless card and the same thing is happening.

Upon further testing my iMac (which I had planned on selling due to building my computer) also stays connected wirelessly.

What is weird however is that when I use my own iPad (which is on a 3/4g contract) as a hotspot, my connection is perfect, never lags, and never cuts out.

I don't want a workaround where I use my iPad as I'm paying for broadband for a reason and want a better service.

What could be the reason behind me cutting out? Is the router clashing with my PC or what?

Many thanks for the help in advance
Jordan

Read more: New computer, internet connection issues?