Monday, May 26, 2014

Where did my iPhone notes go?

I think it may be time for a new phone soon since mine keeps acting up recently, but until I have the $$ to purchase one, I am stuck with this one.
I opened my phone and found a whole bunch of recently created notes gone, and I remembered I had noticed them showing up in my email account again recently so I checked there first and couldn't find the copies. I checked my phone and all the notes *left* in my phone were "on my iPhone" and not in the 2 folders that would lead to my email, so I assume that a couple weeks ago… Or was it last week… When my phone crashed that it added the folders back to my notes section on my phone and from there I found those folders empty (on my phone) and deleted them so that when I write a note it is only written on my phone.
I went into my computer's Outlook program to check my email (as well as trying online) but all my recent notes were mysteriously gone from both there and my phone. Like my email backed them up off my phone and then decided to delete them anyway. I had looked in my notes (on the phone) today and found 4+ missing, was able to find them in the email account, but then they disappeared right in front of me OUT of the email folder.
My issue is that at least 2 of those were really long and important… How do I find them to recover them without "recovering" my iPhone and losing data that is still saved there? I have a macbook if that helps.
Thanks!

Read more: Where did my iPhone notes go?