Friday, May 30, 2014

What does it take to be an Apple Genius?

Hey, so I really want to be an apple genius when i turn 18.
I'm currently 16, and my local apple store has a genius bar and online they're hiring.

I was wondering what experience/subjects/qualifications they look for?
For 6th form (international baccalaureate) i'm going to be studying:
(Higher Level) Psychology, Art and Biology (maybe Chemistry instead).
(Standard Level) French, English Literature&Performance, and Maths Studies.
And my school teaches to quite a decent standard so i'm hoping for everything over a C when I take these exams. I'm currently doing my GCSEs. My school does not offer a subject in computing.

ANYWAYS, I'm very technology orientated. I was jailbreaking iPhones/ipods at age 11. My first iPod repair was age 13. My first big iPhone repair where I had to take every component out was age 15. And my first macbook repair was age 16. And when i talk to apple costumer service I know just about everything they are talking about and can sometimes help them to help me!

I am hoping to apply for a job as a genius as soon as I finish my 6th form exams. What are they looking for in people? And I heard you will undergo more training as before you become a genius.

(side note; how much do apple geniuses make, what is their salary?).
Sorry if this went into such a personal level haha! I just have the idea they will be looking to see what subjects I take. I am not going to university by the way.

Thanks for any answers:)

Read more: What does it take to be an Apple Genius?