Monday, June 23, 2014

Can you sue if you are not paid the money you are owed?

Firstly, there is no contract whatsoever so my initial thought is that i'm screwed. Basically, my phone got stolen and the person who bought it contacted me because she couldn't use it because the phone company told her it was stolen and inactive. So she was going to give me back the phone OR I would sell it to her for a low price of $250 (iphone 5). She went on vacation and to be safe I made her pay $100 as a deposit and she would pay the rest when she got back. When she got back I messaged her because she made no efforts in messaging me and she told me she promised she would pay me the rest when she had the money, HOWEVER THE PHONE GOT STOLEN IN MEXICO ON VACATION, so my assumption is that she does not want to pay the rest. The only proof I have are text messages talking about the payments she would give me. Can I file a lawsuit or no? I just feel so wronged, she keeps ignoring me now.

Read more: Can you sue if you are not paid the money you are owed?