Thursday, June 26, 2014

My iPhone will send iMessage but not regular text messages?

Ok so Yesterday I upgraded to an iPhone 5s from an iPhone 4, It went great until I got home. I could send all the iMessages I wanted but my phone is having trouble sending and receiving regular texts from android or other non iPhone devices. The thing is I also have an airave in my house to boost my signal because the house I live in has thick walls. On my iPhone 4 it worked great with no problems but now its all messed up! I call the support for Sprint (My carrier) and they walked me through some steps that seemed promising such as: Turing off iMessage and SMS on the old iPhone 4 and also on the iPhone 5s then restarting the iPhone 5s and leaving the iPhone 4 off. It did not work, I even changed my iCloud password and factory reset the old phone after deleting the iCloud off of that phone. Nothing is working and I wont be able to talk to some of my friends or family or even my job if this does not get resolved. I don't know what else to do? Should I factory reset my new iPhone 5s and just restore it from iCloud?

Read more: My iPhone will send iMessage but not regular text messages?