Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Does this iPhone Battery look damaged?

I just did a self repair and after a replacement of home button and speaker enclosure, I began have charging issues after i reassembled everything back. Atm, the phone will only indicate the apple logo once it is plugged in to usb charger and turn itself back off after several seconds (the phone is unable to turn on by itself/charge, hence it is impossible to do dfu mode or resets)

As shown on image, the battery appears to have slightly been punctured (during repair), but I'm not too sure if this is what contributes to the charging issue. Initially, there was no issue with the battery before the repair, which is why I'm speculating whether this is the problem or not.

So before I try to order a new battery, I want to seek a bit of input from what people think may be the cause of the issue, because, otherwise, i may resort to contemplating whether the issue is caused by the prong connections on the motherboard or the dock socket.)

iPhone 4 GSM
Does this iPhone Battery look damaged

Read more: Does this iPhone Battery look damaged?