Saturday, July 12, 2014

Confused between the iPhone 5s and the HTC One M8?

So I am confused which phone to buy between the iPhone 5s and HTC One M8. I know its more of a OS battle than a phone battle. Somehow I am neither a hardcore android fan nor a hardcore iOS fan.

Reasons for buying the iPhone:
1. I have a macbook, so with Yosemite and iOS 8, the 2 devices are gonna sync well.
2. Its long lasting, durable and has a good resale value,
3. Status symbol.
4. IMessage and FaceTime

Reasons for buying the HTC One M8:
1. I like Android coz I like to download stuff via torrent. I don't have to connect my phone to my laptop every time i want a song or a movie.

2. A good battery life.

A few small points that make a difference for me:

3. In HTC, if you call someone and keep the phone away from you ear, the phone vibrates a bit when the person on the other end picks up the call. You might think its lame but its very useful for me.

4. If you are getting a call from an unknown number, true caller immediately recognises the number and flashes it on the screen while your phone is still ringing. On the other hand, in an iPhone, you have to pick up the call without knowing who called you.

5. I have a 64 gb memory card already with me. So no worries about the storage.

I don't know which to choose. It is extremely difficult. Both excel in design

Please don't tell me to wait for the iPhone 6 because I am sure I can't afford it and neither can I wait for that long.

I am getting both the phones (5S and M8) at the same price in India

Read more: Confused between the iPhone 5s and the HTC One M8?