Monday, July 7, 2014

Someone sold me a stolen iphone 4s? Beside contacting who sold me the phone what should I do?

I brought this phone from someone I know.(we're not friends, we had classes talked occasionally, and graduated from high school together last year). He put on instagram that he's selling an iPhone 4s for $150 and DM if for more info. We'll I DM and ask if they were anything wrong with or did it have any problems? And he said no. So we set up a time and place later that day. When he met he also had a friend with him, he said that it's his friend that is selling the phone. So I looked at the phone to make sure it isn't cloud locked and restored it to factory settings. Since I wasn't in an area that had wifi, I couldn't set up the phone. I spent the night at my cousins house and she doesn't have internet to her house so I still could set up the phone. When I woke up the next day, I drove to my house to get ready for work. I was able to set up the phone and everything, i just could connect to wifi. (before I brought this phone I had brought and iPhone 4 from gamestop for $238. Since I brought the iPhone 4s for $150, I wouldn't need the 4 anymore and also I figured I got a good deal on a newer phone.) anyway when I when on break at work I tried make a phone call be it wouldn't go through, since i was to work all day i couldn't call at&t to fix this problem because by the time i got off, they were closed. So this morning i call at&t and they told me the phone has been block/blacklisted or reported stolen. Besides contacting who sold me the phone, what should I do?

Read more: Someone sold me a stolen iphone 4s? Beside contacting who sold me the phone what should I do?