Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Is this a scam, Craigslist/PayPal?

Hello guys I need help!

I have never sold anything on Craigslist and Im trying to sell my phone there. This morning I got a text from someone saying they would pay more than $100 of my asking price (which I think is crazy!) because they are out of town and want me to do the transaction through pay pal.

Here is our text conversation:

Them: do you still have this?? iPhone 4s -White- 16GB with Apple Care Plus (Sprint) - $390 (Clearwater)
Me: Yes I do! Are you still interested?
Them: (1/2)i will have love to come over to you but am not int tow right now how can you help me get it ship and am willing to offer you $480 including the shipping fee so get back to me with your paypal email address so i can make your payment
Me: Where do you need me to ship to? Did you mean $480?
Them: yes $480 including the shipping fee PayPal will give you the shipping address so get back to me with your PayPal email so i can make the payment

Is this a scam? I feel weird about it and sometimes tells me it might be a scam!

Thanks guys
>>> Is this a scam, Craigslist/PayPal?