Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Why did my vacation not turn out to be fun?

I was on a trip to florida last summer (between 7th and 8th grade) from upper peninsula michigan, and while we were in south Georgia, our car started having problems because some gas station attendant added fruit juice to the transmisssion, and by the time we reached lake city, it was clear to my parents that we would have to stop.Me and my 11 year old sister, and my 16 year old brother continued to complain, and as totally spoiled brats, we got our way, and my parents kept on driving in spite of the problems, as I begged and begged to get to disney world. Eventually the engine blew up, after several overheats, near Zephyrhills. After the engine blew, we had to quickly get our belongings out of the smoking car, and just as we got the last suitcase out, the car burst into flames and was unrecognizeable within 5 minutes. The flames died down before help even arrived.

We were rescued, and my parents changed the vacation plans, staying in the St. Pete area, and told us that we were not going to disney world due to unfortunate circumstances. The four days we meant to spend at disney were BORING AS HECK. All we did was see some stupid DELI or whatever its called art museum, a bunch of stupid african animals and beer horses, toured a bunch of research labs, some giant fish tank, a weird domed screen movie in some fourth rate museum, a beach where you couldnt surf, a gigantic pier, some collection of junk from a time where there wer gas chambers, and an old run down cannon battery.

One evening my parents went to some sort of Dance hall, and they were doing some sort of impossible dance, where it looked like they would end up tied in knots to a bunch of saxophome music.Me and my brother just sat there chowing down on chips, and my parents asked why I was't joing in on the fun, and I said, I wanted to go to disney, and I wont ever dance with anyone who isnt prince charming.

The highlight of my trip is when my parents went to Ybor City, and left us at the Airport to just roam around and have fun. We were at least able to ride its a small world, by playing the song on my iphone as we rode around on the bagage claim belt, with the suitcases like the boats on the actual ride.

The final day of our stay in florida I begged my parents to just leave the car on the roadside, and book a greyhound fare that would allow a five hour layover in orlando, enough time to go into disney and maybe meed a princess, and see prince charming. They instead insisted on getting the car to a scrapyars, and leaving florida as quickly as possible on the next greyhound bus.

My parents are essentially boring, and seemed to have quit spoiling me, I am a spoiled brat, and expect what I want, not a ruined vacation, why were my parents so mean?
>>> Why did my vacation not turn out to be fun?