Tuesday, September 18, 2012

New iphone 3gs bricked by changing to ipad baseband - will apple be able to tell?

I couldnt get it unlocked from my network so i jailbroke it and tried unlocking with ultrasn0w - at which point everything was fine but the unlock didnt work - i found online instructions saying to change the baseband…

So it has now been bricked by downgrading to ipad baseband (which shouldnt have been done as the baseband chip is not compatible)

I tried restoring using itunes and it said restore failed and now all it will do is show me the 'connect to itunes' screen.

Its brand new - Would apple replace it or will they be able to tell what I did to it?
Added (1). Now it wont do anything other than show the apple screen and itunes isnt recognising it
>>> New iphone 3gs bricked by changing to ipad baseband - will apple be able to tell?