Sunday, September 16, 2012

Separation - My Story. Need some advice?

Ok guys, questions for you all.
My wife left me 3 months ago and took our little baby who was 8 weeks at the time away. 10 hours drive away. We have a friendly parenting plan. We both had issues in our marriage (just made 2 years), I have sorted mine out. I am 35 and W is 32.In the end, and the treatment that I AM SURE I endured turned me in to a complete basket case. I have had health issues all my life but I have dealt with them. One of those was alcohol, and before and HATERS jump in let me tell you that I never went to the pubs, was never abusive EVER, just stayed at home and had a few. Just mid strength beers, no spirits, never drank and drove. Just like a regular man who works hard and wanted to wind down and relax. This did not incapacitate me to my duties as a husband or father. I have now cut right down and am clear headed. And HATERS – I NEVER CHEATED. EVER.

Now, to the men out there, some questions. Rather, my own experiences that you could possibly shed some light on.In the end, I was scared of my wife. She (and MIL) did not respect me. She did not listen to me. I dreaded coming home from work. I couldn't share a joke with her. I was always walking on eggshells. She wasn't interested or made any attempt to at least pretend be interested in the hobbies that I wanted to share with her. Her and her family never gave me any respect, never listened to my opinions. Thought I was an idiot. When they came to visit they made me feel like a guest in my own house, basically tried to 'help' but literally shoved me to the side so all I could do was go outside and sit out there. Took over all the jobs I did (housework, washing etc) I couldn't feel comfortable sitting with them on the lounge watching TV. Basically any comment I made was dismissed.

I would also like to mention that I waited on my wife hand and foot. Brought her tea in bed every morning. Got her breakfast ready so all she had to do was pour the milk and her cordial. Worked every day. Cooked dinner as best as I could. Brough her tea and dessert after. Gave her foot massages whenever she wanted. We had a iphone app "Service Bell" that she would press and I would attend to her. I did this because I loved her.

Now we have separated, however she has left ALL of her belongings here. And kept her job 'open' – ie has not quit. What is going on? As time goes on, I do believe that I am in the process of 'checking out'. I think of her now, and I feel indifferent. I would love to be a little family, but I know that this is not the case. I haven't actually stated this to her yet, as there is not point and I know that she will not come back based on principle.

Any advice on what I could do would be much appreciated!

Thank you!
>>> Separation - My Story. Need some advice?