Sunday, August 31, 2014

Can I trust him? Is it a scam?

I lost my iphone 5 November of last year, I had to downgrade into my moms old iphone 4. I never got it back after leaving countless messages on my phone. Well recently I got a call from a guy saying that he bought an iphone 5, and it had my phone number on it so he called me. He said he was willing to return the phone because he didn't want to have a stolen iphone. He didn't ask for money, and he was really nice on the phone. He ended up texting me like an hour later asking for my Apple ID to unsync his SIM card he put in my old phone. My brother responded for me telling him we didn't know it, just to be on the safe side and not give our info. Because the guy lived close to us, we offered to drive to his place and get everything situated since my older brother is good with computers and iPhones, we told the guy that it would be my brother and I and my older sister, he said that he "didn't want to get jumped." But I reassured him it was for my safety, And he hasn't responded since. Is it a scam? He sent me photos of my phone, and read the message I sent on it so I know it's mine, plus he didn't ask for money. I'm not sure.

Read more: Can I trust him? Is it a scam?