Saturday, August 9, 2014

Is this a Narcissist's revenge tactic?

My father gave me a gift (an iPhone) earlier this year, but for a few personal reasons, I haven't switch my phone to that iPhone yet (I was planning to very shortly).

Recently, though, that family member sent a text stating "Your cousin's husband is coming into town and I told him that he can have the iPhone that you're not using. I need to get it, so let me know how you want me to get it."

My father is an undiagnosed Narcissist. I've cut off contact with him for the past month because he's a toxic parent and continues to do emotional/psychological damage to me every time we meet.

He now wants the gift back! Do narcissists use revenge tactics by asking for gifts back? Should I give it back? Keep in mind that I'm an adult.

Read more: Is this a Narcissist's revenge tactic?