Friday, October 12, 2012

How to use an external mic as default on ASUS laptop?

So Im using an ASUS A42J laptop. And it's microphone is already busted. Whenever I use it, the people I talk to can't hear me. Well, they could hear me at first, but then they'll be hearing something with a buzzing sound and next thing they hear is my voice drowning until it reaches complete silence and not hear a thing anymore. However, I have a headset, complete with earphones and a microphone.It's the one used for the iPhone, so it has no on/off switch whatsoever. How can I use the headset's mic as my default? I believe that the ASUS laptop has only one jock, but as I've mentioned, the headset has both the earphones and mic.So yeah, the laptop's built in mic isn't working anymore.So I have to make use of an external mic.
>>> How to use an external mic as default on ASUS laptop?