Saturday, November 17, 2012

How to get rid of the chip on my shoulder?

I am a 19 year old female and have a huge chip on my shoulder about how poor my background / parents are.As soon as I turned 16 I have had to work to provide for myself because my parents couldn't afford to and I have paid for everything valuable I own including my clothes, phone, laptop. There is no such thing as christmas or birthday presents in my house. I started University last year and have paid for all my books / rent / buses / groceries etc myself, I have never asked my parents for money because I know they don't have it. I work every hour I can get and I am still struggling to get by, I worry about money all the time to the point I can't sleep and I'm 19!!. Yet my friends and boyfriend get everything handed to them, they have never had to work a day in their lives and it actually makes me so angry - their parents pay their rent and everything, I don't even think they check their bank balances because they know they can just ask mummy and daddy. I always think how come I wasn't born into a rich family, why do they deserve nice things when I work so hard and get nothing. I know there are people way worse off than me homeless, or starving but I find myself resenting those I love when I see them with their flashy iphones and their expensive clothes when they don't do anything and then there's me working relentless as well as volunteering and studying and I have nothing. How can i stop being so jealous I guess I could say? haha
>>> How to get rid of the chip on my shoulder?