Sunday, November 25, 2012

What are my chances for the University of Michigan?

What are my chances at Umich School of Engineering via Early Action? Please don't answer with a link to any websites as I have already been to nearly all college chancing websites already.

As many will say, I have a low GPA, however does having an upward trend help compensate for this?

Stats:

Competitive Public high school in Northern Virginia (app. 500 kids)

GPA Weighted (county does not do unweighted)

Freshman Year: 3.5 (3 Honors)
Sophmore Year: 3.571 (AP World (B))
Junior Year: 4.17(1 Honor, 3 APs (US History(B+),Computer Science A (A-),Psychology(A))
Senior Year Courses: 1 Honor, 4 APs (Statistics, Calculus AB, Government, Physics C)

Cumulative WGPA: 3.736

SAT superscore: 2110 (620 CR, 770M, 720W)
SAT subject Tests: Math 1: 720, US history: 710

Honors/awards: Omega Phi Epsilon (school), NHS, History Honor Society, AP Scholar with Honor.

Extra curricular activities:

JV/Varsity Tennis 9-12 (JV Team captain)
300+ hours volunteering at Senior assisted living center (10-12)
Manager's assistant at iPhone repair shop (11)
Varsity Math League (9-12)
Interact Club (10-12)
School tutor for Math, Comp sci, History (11-12)

Additional info:
2 recommendations (English and Pre-calc teachers)
Essay quality: if I rated my essay quality from 1(scribbles and nonsense) - 10 (Ivy League quality) I'd probably give it a 7 or 8.

Most people have told me that it will be a high match/reach. What do you think? Any answers appreciated!

Thanks everybody
>>> What are my chances for the University of Michigan?