Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Did I do the right thing and make citizens arrest?

Last week while working in my shop, a young woman entered and instantly I knew she could be in to steal something. I had trouble recently with people stealing goods and I am sick of it. Anyway, I was keeping my eye on her and she suddenly grabbed another customers iPhone and ran out of the shop. So I chased her down the street. I was never going to catch her as I was trying to run in tight jeans! So I shouted at people to stop her. Luckily another woman grabbed her and slowed her down. I then caught up with her and I wrestled her to the ground. I then sat on her chest and pinned her arms down with my knees. A few people then gathered around and I told them that she was a thief and asked someone to phone the police. Now this is the part were I feel really bad about the ordeal. I had to sit on her for about 15 minutes to wait for the police to arrive. She was shouting that she could not breath, so every few seconds id lift up a bit so she could catch her breath. When the police finally arrived, they searched her and found the stolen iPhone. The police congratulated me for doing this along with the small crowd of people. I now feel bad with what I did that day. Restraining someone like that is not a nice thing to do anyone. Do you think I done the right thing? Sorry about the essay by the way!

Читать далее: Did I do the right thing and make citizens arrest?